Sunday, May 20, 2007

Time (Can you tell I haven't been trying ten titles?)

Lately, I have an aversion to everything that is required of me. Cleaning, grading papers, going to work in general... I guess it is spring fever.

Just last weekend, I had all of the students' grades caught up and handed out progress reports. Then by Friday, I had a bagful of papers to grade again. If I could spend 15 minutes every day working on grading, or cleaning, or laundry, or dishes, I'd have a lot less piling up going on.

Over the past two weeks, I have tried to do less worrying about what I have to do and just doing it. It is amazing how much less time things take when you just go ahead and do them without the bellyaching.

On a fun note, this past Tuesday my mom and I both called in sick to work. (I am not one to feign sickness much, but she's retiring and we thought it would be a fun day.) We went and spent the greater part of the day playing golf with another friend of mine, Robin (who also called in). It was a great treat- the weather was beautiful, and it took until the 12th hole for me to want to walk off the golf course in frustration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home