Friday, February 01, 2008

...and a Happy New Year!


New Year's Day I had a post in mind... and then I was very productive this month! During the winter vacation, I had a long list of things to do around the house, and since then I have been trying to keep up with teaching and taking two master's classes. I have been really good about getting work done and not procrastinating, thus no new posts. I am bummed because I didn't get anything posted in January. Oh well.

The new year started off wonderfully. We have a semi-annual tradition of going out to Dave's cousin's house in rural Illinois. They have 300+ acres on a plot that reminds me of my grandparents' farm in the U.P. (the driveway has the exact same twists and turns). Every time we go out there, we race big wheels in circles (they've been modified to fit adults), play MarioKart, eat White Castle, watch movies, play with their kids (2 daughters- 3 years and 13 months), etc. We were lucky enough this year that it snowed, and snowed, and snowed, so we were able to sled as well. They have the greatest sledding hill right off the back of their house. We were out sledding in the snow until 11:30 at night, then came inside and I was playing Dr. Mario on an original Nintendo for the new year. Fun.

The beginning of February has started out very positively for me as well. We have a snow day today! I have the chance to get tons of grading and work for my classes done today. I couldn't sleep after the phone call came this morning, so I've been up since 6:00 grading papers and will take a nap (!) later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Happy Snow Day! Enjoy the day.
I plan on spending this snowy day either doing chores at home or maybe reading one of the stack of books I got for Christmas.

I like reading about memories the younger generation has of the family farm. Your holiday trip to Illinois sounds wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home