Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Thank goodness... November 4


I just got done explaining some of my political thoughts in an e-mail. Now I'm fresh out of brainpower. I'd be better off keeping my mouth shut, I think, but this is my last chance to wax political for awhile...

Basically what things come down to for me are education and health care. My belief is that every kid in America should have basic health care and an education equal to their needs.

Unfortunately every family doesn't have the ability to provide their kids with what they need to. So government has to play a role. I'd rather pay for education and health care than prison.

That doesn't seem so controversial... but I also sit very strongly on one side of Roe vs. Wade due mainly to those issues... basically I don't think anyone should bring a child into the world that they aren't committed to caring for. If people were better educated, they might know better not to conceive kids they can't be committed to. There's also a bit of feminist "my body, my choice" thrown in there, too.

Nobody asked. I don't care. I voted, and I'll be happy to live with the results after America has spoken.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Amie said...

I'm glad you shared your political thoughts. I notice that so many bloggers don't seem comfortable sharing their views.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

I've thought about taking most of the post down since I wrote it...

But looking at other people's opinions has really led me to think, so for now it stands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home