Thursday, September 04, 2008

It's Official

I got the letter in the mail today that says I've graduated!!!

It's a little strange to graduate in August. For one reason, there is not a graduation ceremony now. The closest one is in December, and I probably won't walk in it just because it's so far away. Also, I completed five hours of class this summer but it was all independent/culminating project so I wasn't in classes and I couldn't tell classmates, 'Yeah, this is my last class!' I can't complain too much, as it was always my plan to graduate in August so I'd get the pay bump for the new school year.

The "I'm done" feeling has set in slowly. There have been three moments lately that I've really felt celebratory:

1) Going to the school district office to get the paperwork for my raise. The secretary said, "Yes, we need your transcripts by October 15 to get you the money for the entire school year". Money!

2) Saturday morning I woke up and was extremely confused. I didn't have to go to diving practice, but on top of that, I didn't have any schoolwork (reading or papers) hanging over my head. What do I do with free time on the weekends (other than watch football)? For three years it hasn't existed.

3) I returned the last of my books at the EMU library before my "classes" were done this summer. I had a 50 cent late fee to pay. After I paid that 50 cents, there was an incredible feeling of "I'm done paying EMU!" I was almost skipping as I went back to the car, knowing that all of my obligations to the university were taken care of.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Amie said...

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home