Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poker

So I'm completely obsessed with the World Series of Poker on ESPN. When it comes on on Tuesday nights, it's a "Stop the Presses!" kind of feeling.

This either really surprises people or doesn't at all. Most people are surprised because I don't seem the gambling type. If they're not surprised, they know that I come from a family with quite a few gamblers.

It surprises me- I don't actually play poker. There was a little while a year and a half ago that I played some online poker, and that lasted about two weeks. I've played in three actual games. We hosted a poker night at our house and I won. It upset the guy I beat because I didn't even realize that I had won on the hand I won on. Oops.

So I'm obsessed with the show. I think it's mainly the math- I love statistics, and watching to see if the person with the best chance of winning the hand does. I'm extremely bummed tonight because I happened to be online and saw a spoiler as to who won. I've only been watching for two months now!

**Unrelated note: Today was the first Tuesday in 3 Tuesdays that I actually taught. It was a rough afternoon... :)
I still love my class and am amazed at how quickly the year is going.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home