Thursday, November 20, 2008

Babies 'R' Us

I stopped by Babies R Us tonight to get a gift for a shower in Chicago this weekend. I was looking forward to going for several days, because I thought I'd be excited to poke around. When I got there, though, it just didn't have much appeal. At first I was worried- 'How can I walk through this store and not be excited?' When I did walk through clothing I found some cute things, and that made me feel better. I've never been very big on gushing over cute things... so this shouldn't be that unexpected.

I'm still feeling pretty far removed from the baby- I've gotten the response of "Are you excited?" several times. The main thing is I just don't feel pregnant yet. Over the past two months, I was exhausted (sleeping 15-16 hours a day over the weekends), but not sick. I've gained all of 2 pounds, my pants still fit, it's too early to feel the baby move... Both times I went to the doctor I was very excited, as the first time I had an ultrasound and the second I heard the heartbeat. There was actual confirmation that something was different. Other days, I wonder... Is there really a baby?

When I'm huge and uncomfortable I'll probably look back at this and laugh.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home