Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow Day

One cool thing about being a teacher is that you do not have to wait to watch T.V. to hear if school is canceled. There is a phone chain that informs the teachers as soon as the decision is made- it can be as early as 3:30 in the morning, and a few times it has even happened the night before.

This morning, there was a glitch in the system. Nobody called me! I was up, showered and dressed when I turned on the T.V. and saw that our district was being closed. I had to call a friend to confirm. It definitely takes a little out of the snow day when you can't just roll over and go back to sleep.

In general, I think schools close way too easily. Yesterday, there was a gigantic ice storm here in the area. Last night? A little snow that slickened the roads some more. Washtenaw county was entirely shut down, but our district was the only one in Wayne county that was closed. I was shocked not to go to work today. It used to take a blizzard to shut Ann Arbor down- I guess the superintendents felt bad that we hadn't had any snow yet this year.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Amie said...

I agree, sleeping in was always the best part of a snow day. It's not the same if your already up and ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home